Mauritius Golf Tourism Association (MGTA)
Founded in 2009, the MGTA is an association comprised of Mauritius’ golf resorts, golf courses, the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority, the national airline and the Mauritius Golf Federation.
It is the intention of Mauritius Golf Tourism Association (MGTA) to be recognised as the association that best represents the diverse golf tourism industry in Mauritius and to become the body that plays the leading role in the development of overall strategy and in influencing specific public and private partnership activities relating to the development and marketing of golf tourism in Mauritius.
- In partnership with other agencies, to develop a clear vision and strategy for Mauritius’ golf tourism, and an understanding of how this should be implemented.
- To encourage an appreciation of the importance of the golfing visitor in the policies and practices of members and all involved in golf tourism in Mauritius.
- To consult with the membership and other external organisations to identify policies and practices that will benefit the golf tourism industry in and to Mauritius.
- To create formal and informal structures with organisations throughout Mauritius and abroad to allow more effective communication of the needs of golf tourism businesses in Mauritius.
- To develop relationships with local, regional, national and international marketing bodies to ensure that the marketing of the Mauritius golf tourism product becomes increasingly more coordinated and cost-effective.
- To build relationships with the golf, travel and business media in Mauritius and work towards raising the profile of MGTA as the key communicators for golf tourism-related issues in Mauritius.
- To liaise with the general tourism and golf industries to raise the awareness of MGTA and also the importance of golf tourism generally with the aim of creating a more powerful position for lobbying and planning for the industry.
- To work with industry bodies, public agencies and those with associated interests in developing and implementing a coordinated skills and product development programme aimed at increasing levels of business and customer satisfaction in golf tourism throughout Mauritius.
- To raise the profile of the golf tourism industry and encourage a more positive approach to careers and business development.
- To examine the need for and develop, where appropriate, quality standards schemes and codes of conduct to encourage increasing standards of product and customer service throughout the membership and the golf tourism industry in general.
- To develop, implement and participate in agreed national benchmarking and monitoring systems as a means of measuring levels, patterns and trends in Mauritius’ golf tourism sector.
- To develop, in conjunction with the public and private sector bodies, systems to evaluate and measure the effectiveness of marketing and business development programmes and activities.
- To be the forum for discussion of key issues in Mauritius golf tourism and to develop networking opportunities for members as a means of sharing information and ideas, and developing partnership activities.
c/o Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority (MTPA)
Tel: +230 210 1545