Saying ‘I do’ many metres below the Indian Ocean in a submersible is likely to enhance every aspect of the day, and will certainly make the wedding photographs stand out.
For those couples searching for a more traditional location, however, there are several options available, including:
- In the grounds of their hotel, either on the beach, in the beautiful gardens or in a specially-decorated wedding gazebo.
- On a private island just off the coast of Mauritius. Options include the beautiful Île des Deux Cocos – a location so beautiful that it is guaranteed to make the wedding extra special.
- In an old colonial house, where a friendly Creole mama will help prepare the bride for her big moment, following age-old traditions.
- In a very cultural way, inside an Indian temple where the bride and groom will be led through the service by a pundit. Or in the hotel where the bride can choose to wear a sari and be decorated with henna tattoos.
- In one of the island’s ancient cathedrals.
- On any public beach in Mauritius.
- On-board a gleaming white catamaran whilst cruising to a small private beach for the wedding breakfast and optional Sega show.
Catholics wishing to get married in Mauritius should contact the:
Port Louis Dioceses
Tel: +230 208 3068
Fax: +230 208 6607
Things to consider