Weddings & Honeymoons
Start your new life together in paradise!
Mauritius is among the top five best locations for weddings and honeymoons thanks to its stunning scenery, warm tropical climate and the friendly hospitality of the Mauritian people. Most hotels offer extensive wedding and honeymoon packages and have their own experienced wedding coordinator who will organise every last detail of the wedding of your dreams!
Mauritius is home to some of the best wedding photographers, who will be with you from the initial consultation until the moment you leave for your honeymoon. They will capture every precious moment of the most special day of your life, and leave you with memories that will last a lifetime. For more information, go to mywedding.com to see what Mauritius has to offer engaged couples and to get some great inspirational for the big day!
Copies of the following documents are required:
- The first six pages of both passports.
- Birth certificates.
- Decree Absolute if either party is divorced.
- Proof of change of name, if applicable.
- Death certificate in case of widow/ widower.
- Letter of parental consent in the form of an affidavit, if either the bride or groom is under the age of 18.
- Mauritian doctor certificate of non-pregnancy if the bride-to-be has been divorced in the last ten months.
- Registration from the registrar of births, deaths and marriages (see below).
These materials must be sent four weeks prior to the wedding to:
Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages
6th floor, Emmanuel Anquetil Building
Tel: +230 201 1727
Fax: +230 211 2420
Original documentation must be produced on the wedding day.
Documents not in English must be translated into English and duly stamped.
Religious wedding ceremonies can only take place between Mondays and Friday, and subject to the availability of the registrar. Ceremonies of this kind cannot take place on public holidays.
Couples need to be on the island for three working days prior to the ceremony. Note that most hotels require a minimum stay of seven nights.
Before the big day, a visit to Port Louis will be arranged to sign affidavits.
- Birth certificates.
- Christening certificates (for Christians).
- Morality certificates from each respective Parish priest, specifying that both parties are free to marry.
- Specification of religion. If parties are of different religions, the case must go to the Bishop.
Catholics wishing to get married in Mauritius should contact the:
Port Louis Dioceses
Tel: +230 208 3068
Fax: +230 208 6607
A Mauritian honeymoon marks a unique beginning to wedded life with your true love.
We want to make your honeymoon magical and memorable.
Romantic walks on the beach,
Private dinners, with blissful views over the ocean,
Adventurous climbs across rugged mountains,
A safe, sunny and serene environment..
Why not try a luxuriant honeymoon massage?…
These are just a few of the ‘never forgotten’ moments that can be experienced in a Mauritian honeymoon!
Our hotels and resorts specialise in honeymoons and offer up to 25% discounts on their rooms and suites for honeymooning couples. Other added extras include free spa or beauty treatments, fruit baskets, excursions champagne, or private candle-lit dinners for two on the beach.